For young people
This project achieved its success thanks to the amazing energy and enthusiasm of the young people who got involved.
By getting involved young people had the opportunity to:
- gain new skills through hands-on experience of planting and maintaining orchards
- learn about ways to earn a living working with trees
- take pride in the space you have created
- improve the environment for yourself and your local community
- feel healthier as a result of working outdoors
- learn about the importance of trees for climate change, biodiversity and sustainable global development
- meet people and make new friends in your local community
To find out more about how this project benefited young people check out our case studies here.