How we achieved our goals?
- We planted 42 orchards in the course of 3 years;
- All activities were led by young people and support staff, including community volunteers;
- With a series of practical workshops centre staff and young people were trained to give support to new residents and to mentor attendees of YMCA Youth Groups;
- A Young People’s Panel was appointed and helped shape the project and oversee the Annual Orchard Competition.
- Youth Survey was conducted to investigate young people's perception of local outside spaces, how they are used and managed;
- Project website and free online resources were made available for all sites, youth groups and supported housing groups to use for information, inspiration and practical advice.